Sunday Snaps: The Workout That Never Happened

IMG_3478

I had the laziest Sunday of all time. I got out of bed and then proceeded to lounge around until about 1PM when I realized I had late lunch plans with some of my blogging friends (hi Magen, Mishelle & Bethany!).  I got ready and even threw on my workout clothes so I could head to the gym after our late lunch for a good Sunday workout.

Unfortunately, my body had other plans and towards the end of our lunch I had started to feel like I was getting a migraine and it just got worse and worse and then the nausea kicked in.  I had to go grocery shopping because we had no fresh produce and needed snacks so I went to Kroger and snuck into the medication area and totally opened a bottle of migraine pills and washed the pill down with water from the water fountain there (filtered by my bobble, of course).

Then, I felt guilty and awkwardly explained the entire ordeal to the cashier who was checking me out. The entire time I was sneaking the meds I was picturing some loss prevention dude jumping out from behind me and I had this whole “I SHOP HERE EVERY WEEK I SWEAR” speech prepared. I even tried to look around for the cashier who always checks us out to see if he was there because he would remember me and vouch for me.  Yes people, this is how weird I am

I was pretty pleased with today’s workout outfit (uh, even if said workout never happened).  If you’re in Houston–the tank is from High Fashion Home—there is a boutique in the store and they have these amazing stretchy tanks for $12 a piece in every color of the rainbow. I am totally going back there for more because they are awesome (and long).

The tights are Lululemon wunder unders (with the embossed chevron print) and the jacket is also Lululemon- it’s the define jacket in Paris Pink (no longer available, but they have a similar color called “pow pink”)

One of my favorite things to do in August is to read the September issues of all of the magazines. In addition to my subscriptions, I also purchase the ones I don’t get:

I used to subscribe to In Style and then I didn’t re-subscribe but I think I will because it is one of my favorites. People Style Watch is also amazing because they have include a lot of items that come from popular retailers so it’s a magazine that’s “easy to shop.”

It was fun to share what’s in my fridge last week, so here are some things I bought this week, both in my fridge and my pantry. Excuse the lack of organization.

Among the newly purchased items: bread, strawberries, peaches, cherries, arugula, fresh basil, roasted tomatoes, mozzarella cheese ball, Chobani greek yogurt.

In my pantry- I got the low glycemic Dreamfileds pasta and pasta sauce and the rest if stuff we already had—beans, canned soups, teriyaki sauce, etc.

For snacks, I got Luna bars, Skinny Cow Heavenly Crisp bars in peanut butter—I buy a ton when they are on sale because they are pricey, walnuts (for salads), Teddy Ghrams, pistachios, etc.

Oh and before I go, someone wants to say HELLO:

HI.

Hope you had a great weekend!

You Might Also Like

15 Comments

*maja*
    Monday, August 20, 2012 at 12:51 am

Love the outfit and LULU!

Lynn
    Monday, August 20, 2012 at 12:53 am

Hope you are feeling better. Arf to Lulu. I eat Luna bars at the office in the afternoons. I like chocolate peppermint stick. It is helpful to see what you buy….helps to keep us eating right. Love to you.

Beautygirl24
    Monday, August 20, 2012 at 1:16 am

I had a migraine the ENTIRE WEEKEND! I swear, I was in bed until today, when I finally decided I needed to just get out of the house and get some fresh air at the beach. I'm so sorry you had one too. Believe me Veronika, I feel your pain! I would have done the same thing if I had been grocery shopping! I hope you are feeling much Better 🙂

~JLynn~
    Monday, August 20, 2012 at 1:34 am

Rest your poor head…migraines are the worst! Hello to that cutie LuLu!! He's just the cutest! I haven't tried a Luna bar before and after reading this post and the comments I am going to give them a try! Thank you for sharing your pantry.

Melonie
    Monday, August 20, 2012 at 2:44 am

I love lululemon! I think I could live in there cloths. So comfortable.

APainter
    Monday, August 20, 2012 at 2:49 am

So cute! It's great that you eat so healthy, definitely inspires me to eat even healthier!

Brooke
    Monday, August 20, 2012 at 3:38 am

Can't wait to get that new People Style Watch! I love that magazine!
    I did not do much today either = lazy day!

TTYS

Brooke

Erin C650h8088a
    Monday, August 20, 2012 at 4:45 am

Do you find that your chevron pants are see-thru? I've been tempted to order but have always been leery because of the reviews stating this.

Rosie
    Monday, August 20, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I hope you are feeling better!!!

xoRosie

Stacey
    Monday, August 20, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I'm sorry that you felt ill – I get migraines quite often so I can feel your pain! I'm glad I don't live in the States – if I went near a shop full of stretchy, long tank tops I'd end up buying about twenty! I think I have a problem! xx

Whitney
    Monday, August 20, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I cracked up at you having an explanation ready for the loss prevention people at your super market! I am the same way!

Thanks for the tip on the tanks. I am pregnant right now so no new clothes for me 🙁 though. I was on the search for long tanks for awhile now.

Caroline
    Monday, August 20, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Hahaha the migraine pill story cracked me up, but I hope you are feeling better!

Grass Skirt
    Monday, August 20, 2012 at 5:24 pm

I love Lulu! We have a new puppy named Lucy and that is actually our nickname for her. 🙂

Hope you're feeling better. I think you deserved a rest day!

Di
    Monday, August 20, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Migraines suck. Hope you're feeling better today. I know you like long tank tops. Have you tried the Tami from Old Navy? They seem really long but that could be because I'm 4'11".

clickclackdiaries.blogspot.com

Andrea Clare
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 at 5:11 pm

i cant tell you how many times ive done that. all dressed, motivated to go to the gym and then something side tracks me…hate when that happens

Andrea