Home Tour: Updates w/ Furniture & Decor

newhouse34

I am excited to share with you a photo-tour of our new home with furniture and decor!  I took these over the weekend after cleaning like a maniac.

Dark hardwood floors are beautiful, but I’ve never vacuumed so much in my life.  Because our second floor is basically one long rectangle, the vacuuming is actually pretty easy so no complaints here.

I’m going to show the home by room, working from the first floor, to the third floor. Remember, you can click on any of the photos to enlarge them.  You’ll see some temporary blinds in our home right now—and I have to give a quick shout-out to Ready Shade blinds…it’s like $10 a pack and they are amazing.  We plan to get curtains but until then, these are doing the trick!

So here is our guest bedroom that is downstairs on the first floor of our home.  It has french doors both leading into it and leading out to our backyard.

This is the guest bath

When you go up these stairs to our second floor, you say HI to Lulu:

Behind Lulu is where our half bath is. I love that we have one on this floor because we spend so much time in the living room/kitchen/dining area and it’s nice not to have to go upstairs to use the bathroom. It’s great for when we have guests too!

Next up, immediately to your right as you go up the stairs is our kitchen:

counter-height bar stools were a total steal at IKEA!  Absolutely love them and glad we went with something light since everything else is so dark. It creates a lovely contrast.

Next up is our dining area. It’s small and I think I’ll eventually switch out that table, but honestly, we just really love eating at the island in our kitchen.

We also have this great little nook that we can use to display things in the area on the left of the picture above. Eventually I’ll figure out what I want to put there, but for now, there’s a picure frame, glass canister and candle.

Our living room is where we relax, watch TV and where I blog!  It has doors that go out to a small balcony. We haven’t purchased anything to go on the balcony yet but since it’s end of season it might be a good time to check out the sales.

New pillow from Marshalls Home Goods for $14.99!

That’s our entire second floor. Heading up to our third floor, you’ll find my messy office (with remnants from my hail video over the weekend still there)

Then, down the hallway you’ll find our master bedroom, bath and closets:

(As a side note, our home was a model so many of the walls are painted already—I plan to change it eventually—though I love the walls in the living room, kitchen and master bath…
I may change the master and the guest room)

My new IKEA HEMNES dresser. Fits SO much stuff!

Here are some additional shots of my closet, which is right off the master bath,
which you’ll see in just a moment:

And here is our master bath. I love the wall color a lot, as mentioned above.
It’s all travertine tile and counter tops.

Well ladies, that’s everything!  I hope you enjoyed this little tour and I can’t wait to share our updates and little projects with you all.  We feel settled into our home now and that’s a wonderful feeling.

xoxo,

Veronika.

You Might Also Like

75 Comments

Café Moka
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Wow, your house is so beautiful! Love the kitchen!!!

Rachel
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Your new home is just beautiful! I love the dark wood floors! I can't believe how quickly you got everything set up! It must be nice to feel settled in:)

Lindsay
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 2:13 pm

Wow, Veronika! I love it!!!

Ella Pretty Blog
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Lovely home – you keep it so neat and stylish!

I love your bedside lamps and pillows and the trays you have on your coffee table and island (especially with the floral decorations)…lots of inspiration for me!

We're still furnishing our house (we moved in July) as I want to make sure that I only buy pieces I truly love 🙂 I'm having the hardest time finding the right lamps and pictures…and master bedroom bedding!

elizabethashleyphoto
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Everything is so beautiful! I'm drooling over here! 🙂

Autumn Van Weir
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Wow! That kicthen and master bath are divine!! Those would be excalty the colors for fixtures, tile, wood etc I would want in my home! So nice!

Michelle
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 2:55 pm

gorgeous home, v! i am particularly in love with the island/stools in the kitchen. you have such a clean yet warm aesthetic – i love it!

Amber
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Everything is so beautiful!

I watched your makeup youtube last night and kept thinking that you look like Sandra Bullock. Well done, I look forward to more!

amethystbutterfly
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Do you have any particualar stores that you would share that you like to shop at for your home? It seems like everything flows so well together! Love it!

natasha {schue love}
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 3:20 pm

LOVE the kitchen barstools and the Ikea dresser…great finds. Your closet/bathroom is a dream!! What a beautiful home! 🙂

Mary Ann
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 3:31 pm

It's beautiful Veronika! I want to come stay in your guest bedroom, haha! Are you going to post any outside pics?

Eclectico
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Your new home is beautiful, I love the bathroom, I think is my favorite part, having a closet in, and that huge tub. I've searched these glass containers for my vanity for so long and still not find them.
    The countertop of your kitchen is the dream of my mother, I love every detail in crystal / glass and stainless steel.
    The dresser of his room with drawers black square as "Japanese" is adorable …
    It is also very nice all the beautiful details of delicate flowers around the house

Maria
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Wow what a gorgeous house! And I love your decorating style as well. Now that you've got everything…next is babies mwuahaha 😉

veronabrit@gmail.com
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:03 pm

amber—I get sandra bullock a lot! I hope I age like her too!

veronabrit@gmail.com
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:09 pm

@amethystbutterfly I wrote an entire story about where I shop for home decor on galtime.com

Pamela
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:26 pm

I've been looking for counter height bar stools too! Are these the ones you bought?

Thanks, Veronika!

JCHokie
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:27 pm

What a beautiful home! Love love love the dark hardwood and your kitchen is to die for!

veronabrit@gmail.com
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 4:31 pm

pamela—yes—but the ones we got have dark brown legs and the "natural" cover, NOT white. And they are counter height, not bar height.

Rissa from TwirlieGirls.com
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 5:01 pm

the house is gorgeous!!! I love the master bath and kitchen especially. So jealous and makes me want to renovate. or move. lol.

Schnelle Couture
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Your home is gorgeous and I love your style. The master bath and kitchen are my favorites. I love how everything is so open and spacious.

veronabrit@gmail.com
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 5:16 pm

schnelle—those are my fave rooms too 🙂

grh
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Looks great! LOVE the kitchen & bathrooms!

Please post if you find a great cleaning product for the floors. We have really dark floors, too & I still haven't found my HG yet. I've tried the Swiffer, Bona (best so far) & Shark Steam Mop.

Jocelyn
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Love the kitchen and hardwoods!

Traci
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Very pretty! I love all the paint colors & the dark wood!

Kate
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 6:32 pm

V-
    Wondering if you might do some photos or a video of how you store your jewelry? I'm having a hard time figuring out a way to organize my stuff so that it's accessible, but not messy. Any tips – especially for necklaces?
    -Kate

S.C.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Wow what a lovely place you have! Looks amazing.. I seriously need to start to do some DIY at my place…

Raquel
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Gorgeous home! And omg i'm SO jealous of your closet!

Anonymous
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Where did you get the fruit holder and the white tray on the kitchen countertop?

veronabrit@gmail.com
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 6:44 pm

anon-fruit holder is crate and barrel, tray is west elm

Sarah Bella
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 6:49 pm

I love it! You have incredible taste/style. I love seeing your home. More more more!:) What a pretty home! I'm in love with you stairs! I so wanna do that in my house!

M.R.
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Everything looks great- you did an awesome job at decorating!

I love the neat wall angles in the master…and marshalls has THE best pillows!!

mindofmr.blogspot.com

Liz Wilson
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 8:22 pm

love! wondering where you got the shiny white tray in the master bath? Thanks!

veronabrit@gmail.com
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 8:25 pm

liz—it's from west elm's office line

carriekinsella
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 at 9:41 pm

wow i love your new home! very girly and modern. I am glad to see that you guys settled in so quickly 🙂

Faith
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 12:23 am

your house is so beautiful! i love it!

Kate
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 12:29 am

Your home is beautiful! Love all the details! And I have to ask.. is that doggy bed near the stairs from Target? If so, we have the same exact bed for our dog. We have an english bulldog, so she kind of stretches it out when she gets in but she looooves it!

Andi
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 1:28 am

The new house is gorgeous V!! Everything looks fantastic, I especially love the kitchen and master bath.

Norma
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 2:58 am

Great space! I especially love the bathroom and closet!!

norma-inthisworld.blogspot.com

pinkandplum
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 5:09 am

Beautiful! I especially love the kitchen.

Stephanie
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 5:31 am

Love how you've done up your house! My current place shares similar tones as I love earthy tones too but my house is filled with lotsa stuff. I'm not sure how I can clear everything & make it look as neat, fuss-free & relaxing as yours…

Lass
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 8:54 am

Lulu is just killing me with cuteness! That little face is just adorable 🙂
    You can buy these great cloth mop things – they aren't a great idea as a fulltime solution as they get quite expensive but they're handy to have around for quick pre-visitor clean ups. I grew up in a house with hardwood floors and I feel you about how dirty they get.
    As everyone has said – your house is beautiful. I love the fruit display in the kitchen and I hope you won't mind if I steal the idea!

Anne
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Beautiful! I love everything about it. Colors, furniture, the giant windows in the living room. And I'm drooling over your kitchen. Great job!

Shelby Anne
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Amazing!!
    please follow my blog!! what do you think?!

XO,S

Elena @ The Art of Making a Baby
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Love how clean the lines and colors are! Your kitchen is awesome! And bathroom is my favorite with all the travertine.

Rubiiee
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Love this! The purples, pinks, browns, and beige are all so lovely!

Wood floors throughout the house are my dream. I love how the dark contrast with the lighter stuff. Very nice decorating ;D

Anonymous
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 3:29 am

Gorgeous home! Are you planning to do anything with the empty wall space adjacent to your closet window? Such wasted space. I really love your office shelf.
    -J

Kara {A Little Bit of Lovely}
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Found you through Honey We're Home, and I'm so happy I did! You have a gorgeous home and your blog is adorable. Love your kitchen, as I am a fan of dark wood 🙂 I'm your newest follower!

veronabrit@gmail.com
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 8:11 pm

hi kara 🙂 I love honey we're home! welcome to my blog and i'm happy to have you here!

Steph/Goober Monkey
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 10:34 pm

I seem to remember you posting where you purchased your guest room blanket/duvet – but I can't remember where! Where did you get it? 🙂

Anonymous
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 11:03 pm

I love your style – fashion & home decor! Absolutely love the printed comforter…where can I find it?

veronabrit@gmail.com
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 at 11:18 pm

steph—it is from Brocade Home 🙂 http://www.brocadehome.com

Megan {Honey We're Home}
    Friday, September 30, 2011 at 12:20 am

Veronika I love your home!!! You have such a great job decorating already! I agree that the light counter stools in the kitchen look great- love the tile backsplash too! And your puppy is so cute!

veronabrit@gmail.com
    Friday, September 30, 2011 at 12:22 am

thanks Megan 🙂 I admire your home and sense of taste so much, so I appreciate your feedback!

LongIslandTeacher
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I love your new home! Where did you get that white comforter from?! I love that it is ruched!

veronabrit@gmail.com
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 9:54 pm

@longisland—it's from West Elm and it's a duvet cover 🙂 thank you!

Alli
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at 4:32 pm

beautiful! I love your sense of style!

keka
    Sunday, March 4, 2012 at 7:00 pm

what a wonderful home ^_^

Sean Carter
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 at 5:55 pm

the place looks just amazing, some really great touches in every room. I love trying new things, I just added some black rugs to my office and really like how it is making the whole room feel

Linda Wilson
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 at 12:09 am

I learned a bunch of new, fascinating information. If you could send me your newsletter link, I would be very happy.

Floors Direct

Samantha Cadwell
    Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 1:04 am

Beautiful home!!! What brand paint and name of color did you use in your bathroom?? I have those exact tiles in the condo I just bought and love the color choice you have. Thank you!!!

Samantha Cadwell
    Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 1:05 am

Love your home, so beautiful! If you don't mind sharing, what brand paint did you use in your master bathroom and what's the name of that color? I have those exact same tiles and would love to use that color you have. Thank you!

Adam Smith
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 10:23 am

you have awesome art to build your own home. simply loving it.
    Cheap king size bedroom sets

Cindy
    Friday, October 30, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Hi Veronica, I love, love, love you home! You kitchen is so similar to ours (we are going to get the IKEA stools too to brighten things up — saw those elsewhere.) Are you cabinets made of cherry? I noticed a pinkish tinge. Ours are cherry stained mocha. I am torn between revere pewter and some other colors (edgecomb gray, light pewter and balboa mist) and wondering how you like revere pewter with dark wood (assuming cherry) in low light or at night? Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Veronika
      Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 8:08 pm

Hi Cindy! The cabinets in this home were a true dark brown, not cherry wood at all. I hope that’s helpful! 🙂 we love revere pewter. I also love SW “first star” which is the gray paint we used in our most recent home!

Cindy
        Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 3:42 pm

Oh thank you so much, Veronika! I will go look at SW First Start too. Love your great taste, 🙂

Veronika
          Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Thank you! It’s “first star”— you probably just made a typo but don’t want you getting the wrong color! Make sure you paint a sample on your walls first to see what you like better in your space.

Holly
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 1:12 pm

I love your home! I love the black cabinet with pics and lamp etc. (in your living room area I think.) Where did you get the lamp and the vase with white flowers? Thanks!

Holly

Veronika
      Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 2:41 pm

The lamp is from Homegoods and the white vase is from crate and barrel 🙂

Holly
    Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 3:43 pm

Thanks Veronika, what about the faux flowers in the vase? I can’t find any like that and I love those!

Veronika
      Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 8:49 pm

They’re from Z Gallerie!

Conni
    Friday, January 22, 2016 at 7:34 am

Beautiful home! I know this is an older post – I LOVE your kitchen. What is the counter tops you have in your kitchen? Beautiful!

maria
    Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 11:10 am

Hi! Do you know what color your floors are stained? <3 🙂

Veronika
      Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 11:53 am

Hi Maria! I do not know the exact name of the stain, but they are very very dark. Probably one of the darkest stains you can get other than black. We very much regret going so dark with our floors. I would personally opt for ones a few shades lighter.

Patrice Harris
    Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 7:01 pm

Hi Veronica – Love the kitchen. So fresh! I’m getting ready to do a remodel and your kitchen is exactly what I am looking for. Can you tell me your counter material/manufacturer (Quartz? Color?). I also love the backsplash. Do you know the manufacturer or name of the tile. Thanks so much. Hope you are still enjoying your home.

Veronika
      Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 7:32 pm

Hi there! Unfortunately this is our old home and it was the model home so we did not pick the finishes. I know for sure the counters are granite. Can I give you some unsolicited advice? I would never do dark cabinets. They get so dirty and show everything. I have a bright, white kitchen now and it looks like new even with two kids running around.