Most of you ladies know that I’m not an eyeshadow type of girl for daytime. I do swipe a quick wash of MAC’s “blanc type” all over my lid to even my eyelid skin out, but other than that, I don’t use eyeshadow on the rest of my eyelid area.
I know there are probably some ladies in my boat—you love the look of defined eyes but don’t want to spend the time using 4 different shadows and strategically placing them on your eyelids. I may just have the solution for you!
Something I’ve been doing for the past 2 years or so, is using eyeshadow in a different way: to line my lower lash line. I find it to give a softer, more diffused look to the eyes while still giving beautiful definition.
I prefer using dark or medium gray shadows (like MAC’s “copperplate”) and medium and dark browns (like MAC’s “brun” and “satin taupe”). I use a MAC slanted liner brush to apply the shadow to my lower lash line before applying mascara.
Before I go, I wanted to leave you ladies with some of my wish-list beauty products:
- NARS Laguna bronzer (i’m almost out!)
- MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation (almost out!)
- MAC studio finish concealer (almost out!)
- Benefit “Life on the A List” lip gloss—one of my favorite beauty gurus, MakeupByAlli sang the praises of this gloss so I must check it out in person
- MAC Fix Plus— I’ve been wanting to try this for awhile now as a makeup setting spray
- Laura Mercier “Lush Nectarine” blush—I saw another one of my favorite (and newly discovered) beauty gurus, pixi2woo rave about this blush so I must check it out in person
- MAC eye shadows in cork, wedge, mystery and woodwinked (all browns, for the lower lash line, of course!)
- Another Bobbi Brown “peony” blush—
I heard from one of my readers that it’s being discontinued—eeep!okay, so maybe it’s not!
- Kerastase hair products— I pretty much want all of them, especially the deep conditioning masks
What’s on your beauty wish list? Share your desires in the comments below!
Don’t forget to enter my contest, it ends tomorrow at midnight! Enter here.