Today is my 36th birthday so I thought it would be fun to answer some random questions I found online – a “birthday questionnaire,” so to speak! Hope you enjoy and thank you for all of your wonderful birthday wishes + continual support of me and my blog.
OUTFIT DETAILS: dress, c/o (use code veronika15 for 15% off all new arrivals) | headband | shoes | bag | sunnies | necklace36 QUESTIONS FOR MY 36TH BIRTHDAY
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I haven’t lived in a ton of places, so this is a hard one – I love Houston and would be open to living in almost any state with a warmer climate! I’ve always been charmed by the southern style homes Charleston and I also love San Francisco, if I was a multi-millionaire 😉 I also love NYC, but I don’t think I could go back to long winters again. Utah is also so gorgeous with its mountains. Truly, I’d be thrilled to live anywhere I could build my dream home, ha.
- What is your biggest fear?
Something tragic happening to anyone in our family.
- What is your favorite family vacation?
Hands down, Seaside, Florida. I am SO happy there.
- What would you change about yourself, if you could?
I would take away my anxiety.
- What really makes you angry?
Liars. People who are needlessly cruel.
- What motivates you to work hard?
My family and especially my children.
- What is your favorite thing about your career?
That I get to help tell stories that could save a child or mother’s life and give families hope.
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
Being a mother – it’s the most rewarding and challenging role, all at the same time.
- What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
Disney’s Aladdin live action movie. I was moved by it. Cinematically, it was so beautiful and everything from the story, actors and scenery was totally beyond my wildest expectations.
- What would you sing at Karaoke night?
Anything Jay-Z, but also, Lana Del Rey.
- Would you rather ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car?
If I didn’t need a car, 100% a bicycle. There’s something about riding bikes when we vacation that brings me back to childhood in the most awesome way.
- Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not?
I think I’m in the dislike camp – I guess I like to feel a sense of control over things.
- Would you rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? And why?
I would rather win the lottery –then I’d build my dream home, travel and create my own perfect job, rather than working for an organization.
- Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why?
Hawaii! It’s on my bucket list. I love the beach/ocean and it looks like such an incredible destination. I would love to do the helicopter tour as well!
- List two pet peeves.
When people don’t flush the toilet. When people are passive aggressive.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
Watching my children learn and grow and continuing to grow in my career and blog.
- How many pillows do you sleep with?
Two – one for my head and one between my knees. I honestly miss the massive pregnancy pillow, LOL.
- What’s the tallest building you’ve been to the top in?
The CN Tower in Toronto.
- What was the last book you read?
The Couple Next door – good and very suspenseful!
- Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
Sandra Bullock or Kate Beckinsale.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Extrovert. I love meeting people, talking to the cashier in the checkout line, starting conversations with those around me. Yep, I’m that person!
- If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce?
Paid maternity leave for all.
- If you could join any past or current music group, which would you want to join?
The Spice Girls, obviously.
- What’s your favorite fast food chain?
There are truly too many, but I love Chick-Fil-A and Chipotle. I also love Torchy’s Tacos, but not sure if that’s considered fast food. I also love Shake Shack.
- What was your first job?
I was 14 and worked at a mall coffee shop. I worked in retail soon after that, at a store called Bluenotes in Canada.
- What celebrity would you like to meet at Starbucks for a cup of coffee?
If I wasn’t married? Bradley Cooper or Ryan Gosling, haha. But in my actual reality, I’d love to have coffee with Kate Middleton, become best friends and have play dates with our kids.
- Do you love or hate rollercoasters?
LOVE them! I’m an adrenaline junkie when it comes to rides and rollercoasters. I will go on anything! The only ride I dislike is the Tower of Terror. I hate that dropping feeling. I’d rather be on a roller coaster that goes over 100 mph, upside down, with twists and turns.
- What has hurt you the most?
Not feeling unconditional love from those you expect it from and not being protected by the people who are supposed to protect you. Also, being denied the validation of your lived experiences by people you love.
- What is the best gift you have been given?
Being a mother – and second to that, my resiliency. I’m so thankful that God blessed me with the ability to rise above difficult things and continue to have the drive to be the best I can be regardless of things I’ve experienced, or who has tried to bring me down.
- What is your favorite family holiday tradition?
Every year since we’ve had kids, we go look at Christmas lights in River Oaks, which is so fun! I also just love Christmas morning – our entire family together, sipping coffee while the kids open their gifts. I also LOVE to bake, so any holiday baking is always a fun memory for me.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
I honestly haven’t ever counted them – maybe 50? I don’t wear a lot of them – in fact, I have many pairs to donate and/or sell. My most worn shoes are my Rothy’s, simple pumps for work and sandals.
- What’s the most daring thing you’ve ever done?
Probably moving to Houston knowing very few people other than my (now husband) and taking that leap of faith that it was all meant to be.
- Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
I would say coffee, but I did give that up for my entire pregnancy with Harper. I can’t go a day without showering – I just can’t get into my clean sheets without “washing the day off,” especially since I exercise at night. The other thing is my skincare routine. I have to wash my makeup off and put my skincare on. I don’t feel right if I don’t go through the shower, wash face, brush teeth and apply my skin care routine.
- What’s something you’re proud of?
That I’m not afraid to ask for help. Whether that’s when I needed help for my mental health with therapy or just everyday things (hiring a cleaning service, having my in-laws cook for us, etc.) I don’t see it as a weakness to want and ask for help – I see it as a strength to recognize your needs and find ways to meet them.
- What’s something you’ve always been afraid to do?
Work for myself – I have always felt I would love to work for myself, but have way too much fear to ever do it exclusively.
- What’s the best thing about getting older?
Being more secure with yourself and feeling more confident with your decisions.