I took quite a long break from my regular blogging schedule – with our recent travel, getting ready for back-to-school and another trip around the corner (plus, a summer cold I seem to have acquired this week), blogging has fallen to the wayside. By the way, thank you to the makers of Sudafed, which has literally made me able to partially breathe this week.
Friday Five posts are my favorite of all – let’s get started!
A&F has been killing it this summer! I’ve shopped there more this year than any other (well, if you don’t include high school, ha! We used to drive to Buffalo just to shop there!) Here’s what I ordered:
These lace trim camis are the closest dupes I’ve found in terms of the style of the lace to my beloved Cami NYC tanks (a huge splurge – but they’re gorgeous! I have black and white). I love that these have adjustable straps (so they don’t have to be low cut!) and the buttons are such a sweet detail. I ordered these new Swiss dot ones, and the texture is so pretty. IMO, the black one looks more expensive. I wish I had ordered the navy one because I don’t have the Cami NYC one in navy. Highly recommend these! Mine are a size small.This button-front jumpsuit is AH-MAZING! Wow! One of the reasons I love Abercrombie is because they offer most of their clothing in a tall option. This jumpsuit is SO flattering and can be dressed up or down. It’s so comfortable and has pockets. This is a size small tall and it fits TTS! I wish I had ordered this utility jumpsuit in a different color because I’m not going to keep two black jumpsuits – but man, I love the style and fit of this. The material is also amazing – it is 100% lyocell and feels incredible. I think this jumpsuit is a little more casual than the one above. I’m wearing a small tall, TTS.
WHAT I BOUGHT ON AMAZON RECENTLY
(PS- I did a huge Amazon fashion try-on last week – see it here!)
- More of these velvet hangers for our closet (I switched to them from plastic last year and it’s a game-changer)
- This travel case for jewelry – I professed my love for a different case recently, but this one appealed to me even more – it has amazing features and I like the style and slimmer profile better.
- These acne healing patches
- This pink dress – how amazing is it?!
- This flowy bohemian dress – so many fellow bloggers have raved about it so I finally took the plunge. I also love this print – which one do y’all like better?
OTHER RECENT PURCHASES:
- This tank with bows on the straps – swoon – a bit of a splurge but it’s gorgeous!
- This tortoise sunglasses chain – they’re not just for grandmas anymore, I promise! Wish I had this when we were in Seaside!
- These earrings by Miranda Frye – they’re fabulous and you can use code VERONIKA for 10% off!
- A Susan Gordon Pottery jewelry dish
- A loopy case – never drop your phone again! You can use code veronabrit at checkout for 10% off!
- These scalloped undies are fantastic!
- I got this cooling wireless bra during Soma’s $15 anniversary sale and it is SO good
ON MY WISH LIST/FUN FINDS:
- A pair of mini pearl huggie earrings
- This braided headband, a la Kate Middleton at Archie’s christening
- This amazing gold clover necklace
- This boho dress
- This leopard dress/cover-up
- This amazing yellow pleat trim dress
- A gorgeous tiered ruffle skirt
- This dupe for an over $300 rainbow dress
- I found a dupe for my scalloped sports bra! This bikini top is under $10 and very similar! Beach Riot sports bras kind of feel like a swimsuit-ish material.
- How cute is this $32 leopard dress?
- This amazing yellow embroidered top for under $100
- How gorgeous is this mirror?
- Also adore this eyelet top that is a fall transition piece
- Do any of you have Golden Goose sneakers? Are they worth it?
- Are spot treatments actually bad for your skin? I loved this ITG article and I actually own and love their recommended sulfur ointment for breakouts (buy it here!)
- Is food combining a thing, or is there no real science to back it?
- Eva’s playroom reveal is amazing!
- DIY healthy snacks via Something Navy
- Are we all really wearing the wrong bra size?
READING/LISTENING TO & WATCHING:
- The Royal We on audible. Basically British Royals fan fic and I’m here for it. It’s so so so good and if you love the BRF as much as I do, I think you’ll delight in it.
- This episode of A Well Designed Business with Megan Molten.
- The last season of Orange is the New Black – wow. So good (and so sad) and very of the times and covers many of our current social issues in a very compelling way.
Have a great weekend!