In the least surprising news in the history of our family – we’ve moved (again!) It feels so good to share this news after months of watching our home go from framing to its completion! It was a long house hunt this time around – we spent almost a year looking at homes, going to countless open houses and meeting with local builders.
You may have noticed I’ve been a bit less present online lately and it’s because I’ve been managing our build (we did a lot of customization which I’ll share more details about later) and move and had to dedicate chunks of my time to picking out tile, ordering light fixtures, hardware, putting our home on the market and starting to pack for our move.
We decided to move so that we could get a home that was a better fit for our family life right now – and that included wanting a backyard and a different home layout – plus going from three stories to two.
I can’t wait to share more details about our new home but for now, I’ll share all of the exciting things we’re looking forward to in this home:
- A backyard (yay!) with a covered back patio (double yay!)
- A (very small) entryway with a powder room and shoe closet
- A driveway (we had a shared driveway in our last home)
- First floor living (kitchen, dining, living) with a linear layout, which we really wanted!
- Tons of windows/natural light/window above kitchen sink (all the heart eyes!)
- Large kitchen with quartz countertops and a “coffee bar” area with custom floating shelves
- White oak, wide-plank hardwood throughout the entire home
- Three bedrooms, a game room with custom built-ins (I designed them!) and a walk-in laundry room all on the second floor
- Each child has their own full bathroom inside their room
- Kevin and I have our own closets
- Getting to pick the finishes in every single space! (cabinets, counters, tile, lighting, etc.)
I’m so thrilled about this next step for our family. We love to move (okay, the packing and unpacking not so much – but the joy of being in a new space is worth it all!) and the holidays are such a wonderful time to start making a house a home – truly the best Christmas present of all!
We are so thankful to have found a great home for our family and to have an outdoor space for the kids.
I’ll share more details about our new home in my next post – including why we decided to move, what it was like to work with an awesome builder and have a ton of input into the design of the space and more photos of the home from its framing stage to now!
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please leave a comment and I’ll answer in my next post.