O N E
One of the questions I’m seeing a lot is whether or not natural deodorants still work in the summer heat and through workouts – the answer is YES (at least for me they do!) Now that I’ve been using Native for two years, I find it works incredibly well – even at the pool, outdoors, etc. It will not stop you from sweating, but it will stop you from smelling. Right now I’m using vanilla + rose and vanilla + coconut. Native deodorants are $12 a piece, but they last so long. I’m not sure how because I use it daily, but one deodorant lasts me like six months. I think the longer you use natural deodorant, the more your body responds – it’s normal to sweat, but you can stop the smell. You can read my full review here.
T W O
I ordered a few things on amazon this week I thought I’d share…my HG face wash, a strawberry print dress for H, beaded heart shaped statement earrings, a $5 leopard knotted headband, a new white electric kettle (my last one started smelling like burning and started to melt where the wires were – super scary), this longwear topcoat, the pink Cuisinart food processor and this red dress.
T H R E E
My vacation hair plan next month is pony tails and headbands and I ordered this knotted one from J.Crew in pink and blue (I’ll see which one I like better when they come in!) to add to my collection. I wear a ton of sun hats at the beach and pool, but I thought it would be nice to have headbands for the evening to keep the stray hairs back. More adorable knotted headbands here , here and here.
F O U R
On my wish list:
- Leopard beaded sandals (also here)
- 10 inch highrise jeans
- Striped pajama set
- Striped scalloped tank
- Neutral block heel sandal
- Navy lace trim camisole
- Yellow dress
- Gold scalloped hoop earrings
- Rainbow stripe shorts
- Blue gingham shorts
(LINKS I LOVE)
- This chicken recipe from the Defined Dish is incredible.
- Was this viral proposal staged? I don’t even care. I am HERE FOR IT.
- Jillian Harris + her cousin Tori’s cookbook is now available for pre-order!
- Are smartphones causing our bones to evolve? This Washington Post article is fascinating
- Natalie has a delish summer pasta salad on her blog!
- 10 natural ways to beat brain fog via The EveryGirl
- For those of us who work in an office or sit a lot, 4 stretches that help relieve tightness
- A strawberry avocado salad? Yes please!
- How effective are sit ups and crunches? The answer may surprise you!
This beautiful top was my best-seller of the week! Mine is a medium, but I recommend getting your true size!