Happy Friday! Lets get started!
CAN’T STOP LISTENING TO…
The Thousandth Floor series by Katharine McGee (who is a fellow Houstonian!) I’m on the third and final book in the series and just love it. These are totally YA novels – kind of like Gossip Girl set 100 years in the future – so if you’re into that, this is the series for you. I may be a 36-year-old mother of two, but I love a good YA novel any day. I’ll continue to write book reviews as I finish a few more titles. I only listen to podcasts while getting ready in the morning now – my commuting time is all spent on Audible titles.
In a GOOD way! I worked out last Saturday and Sunday and then again on Wednesday night. I have to be honest, getting back into working out is NOT easy. But I have been following my steps from this blog post and it’s helping to keep me on track with my workouts – my goal is to move my body 3-4 times a week (ie: realistic). What has helped me is doing shorter videos for my first few workouts (20-25 mins.) to build up to a longer session. I am doing both P.volve and Melissa Wood Health workouts. A lot of y’all have asked for a review on the Melissa Wood workouts, but I haven’t done them long enough – I promise I will once I feel I’ve experienced it enough, but Melissa Wood is without a doubt one of my favorite people on Instagram.
IVL COLLECTIVE SCALLOPED BRA REVIEW
Speaking of fitness, I ordered the IVL Collective scalloped bra and I’ll leave my review here too, since it disappears after 24 hours on IG stories. For reference, I am a size 26/27 in jeans or 2/4. IVL says to size up in their bras and that their fit is similar to Lululemon – so I decided to go with the 8 and I’m glad I did. This is the same size I take at LLL in their bras. I am 5’10 and my bra size is 34D (I have implants) so I always size up in sports bras as I hate bras that feel too tight and constricted. The IVL Collective scalloped bra is a dream! It fits well, offers support, is stylish and thick/well made. The material feels very durable and structured. I tend to get annoyed when you pull a sports bra over your head and it feels impossible to get on – but that’s not the case with this one!
WHAT I BOUGHT THIS WEEK
- Smelly towel wash – I know this is so weird/random, but the face towels I love from IKEA (I’ve had them for years) were starting to smell off, so I did a little googling and this stuff has great reviews. It works! I did one load of face towels and even when they’re wet, they don’t have the smell anymore. I know it’s probably time to replace them, but since they’re all stained from makeup and stuff anyway, I thought I’d try this product to save them first.
- Monika Hibb’s new book – I preordered this. Obsessed with her blog and IG – her home is total goals.
- Gold bamboo frame – for my new Maren Devine art print
- This ruffle swimsuit – I LOVE this affordable brand – if you’re looking for Spring Break swim options – check out this post!
- CZ floral studs and huggies– I love tiny studs since I’ve started wearing earrings in my second hole
- Stojo cups in mint and blue for the kids – we LOVE these – and after discovering mold growing in one of the water bottles we had for the kids (we clean them according to the instructions and it’s the only one we had with the mold – but still!) we decided to switch to these – the kids each have one in the kitchen and in their rooms.
- No-show socks – got these to wear with my Golden Goose sneakers
- Pilates ring – Melissa Wood recommends this exact one to use with her workouts
- These curtains for Harper’s room with this hardware
- H&M order: tulle dress, rainbow dress, puff sleeve sweater, ballet flats
- CT pressed powder – I love her loose powder and have been wanting to try this one
- IGK Good Behavior smoothing spray – My hair colorist uses this on me and recommends it so I finally purchased a can for myself! It helps me smooth out some areas of my hair that grew back really wiry since having babies.
- Hangover spray – Kathleen Jennings uses this before applying her makeup, so I’m going to use this before applying my makeup
- Tarte Sketch & Set – I was influenced by Rach Parcell to purchase this – can’t wait to try!
- Speaking of beauty…I’ve been using this shampoo and this hair mask along with my Navy Haircare (use code BRIT for 30% off) products (I like to use Navy for two washes and then Kerastase for one) for a few months now and love both products. I also love this scalp mask and use it about once a month!
THINGS I LOVE/WISH LIST
- Ruffle sleeve mint eyelet top
- Lake Pajamas
- Black eyelet dress
- Ruffle front swimsuit in a gorgeous blue color
- This Anthro blouse
- This girl’s tee
- Everyone is talking about these running shoes
- This gingham girl’s dress is everything
- Really wanting to try out a pair of Good American “good legs” jeans
- CARBON30 SALE: 30% off of your purchase:
Our game room rug has finally arrived and we LOVE it. The rug was designed by Mark D. Sikes (whose book I own!) and it really brightens our space and the stripes add a casual/coastal flair I love for a family space. I ended up moving our South Seas Console under the TV and I just adore it there – it really adds great texture to the space and I adore it with the hyacinth bins in the built-ins. Today, our new couch is supposed to be delivered and I’m thrilled to get some seating in this space. I plan to add a coffee table, have custom cushions made for the window seats and add some roman or woven shades to the windows.
By the way, this is the rug pad we use.
Wishing you a very happy Valentine’s Day and a great weekend!
SHOP THE POST