Hello my friends! I just finished a P.volve workout and got right into working on this week’s Friday Five blog post. I have some travel coming up in March and April so things may be a little quieter over here…but I’ll do my best to keep these posts going because I love doing them.
PRESSED IS BEST
I started using Charlotte Tilbury’s pressed powder and all of the hype is true. It is undoubtedly my favorite powder to-date. I usually use loose formulas, but I find you use much less product with the pressed and it really just gives a soft, airbrushed finish to skin, while not wasting product, which is what it sometimes feels like when you’re using a loose formula. I’m a convert. The downside is, of course, that it’s pricey – but you really use a tiny bit – I don’t even swirl my brush in it – I kind of just lightly tap or press it into the powder and use the tiniest amount. I have found my skin looking more vibrant throughout the day when using less powder to finish my foundation.
THE PERFECT WHITE DRESS
I couldn’t believe when I saw this stunning white eyelet dress was back in stock! It has the coolest back and the ruffly sleeves are so feminine. I also adore this blue dress. I’m wearing a small/TTS.
THE PRETTIEST EASTER BASKETS
I was gifted this beautiful Easter basket from The Bow Next Door and it’s precious beyond belief! I chose the blue toile bow, monogrammed, with the blue gingham basket liner. I also love their hair bows – they can even turn your child’s art into a bespoke bow.
A TWEED JACKET…WITH A TWIST
Gosh, this jacket just makes me so happy! The classic navy tweed paired with the ric rac trim is so feminine and fun – it’s a really different take on a tweed jacket. I’m wearing a 2Tall and suggest sizing down a full size for a closer fit as the sleeves have a little extra room.
PUT A MONOGRAM ON IT
My friend Leslie of Blue Bamboo Embroidery is so talented – check out this gorgeous towel she made us for our powder room. She has so many stunning offerings from cocktail napkins to tissue box covers to towels and so much more. Her designs and color combos are always incredible.
PUFFED SLEEVE SWEATER
This trend is taking over my closet – and I’m not mad about it! This H&M find is affordable and so soft – wearing a small!
MY NEXT HANDBAG
I’m finally caving and ordering a Senreve bag. I’ve been eyeing them for a couple of years – but can’t decide which size would best suit me. So, I’m doing what every rational person would do, and ordering all three sizes to decide what I like best (this, is very clearly, not rational, but I’m a very visual person and need to see how it looks on my frame and how it feels to carry it). I’ll keep my favorite and then review the bag and the sizes for y’all when I’ve doe that!
Do you have this bag? I’d love to hear your feedback! It can also be worn as a backpack which is so fun!
WHAT I ORDERED/WISH LIST/RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Girls native shoes (light pink) This color tends to sell out come spring, so I got Harper a pair in a size up than what she’s wearing now. I love this soft pink color because I feel like it looks cute with summer dresses and casual shorts alike!
- Gucci belt dupe So many of y’all message me asking if I have a good Gucci belt dupe and I think I finally found a great one! While I’m thrilled I invested in the real thing because I do wear it often, I know not everyone wants to shell out for the designer but also doesn’t want to buy a counterfeit – so this is a great “inspired by” option.
- Pillow w/ Greek key trim – Thinking of getting these to add some more blue to our game room décor…love the trim! (saw these on Mackenzie’s blog).
- Daisy earrings –How cute are these earrings? Totally buying a pair for Spring!
- Pearl handbag – is it wrong that I want this bag? It’s so fun!
- Blush pillow with fringe I love this fringe detail so much.
- Scalloped end table I have been eyeing this side table for quite some time. We decided not to get a coffee table for our game room since we want ample floor space for the kids to play, so side tables may be in our future.
- BRB, adding this perfect white top to my cart
- I think I need this cockatoo art print in my life
- These heels are a great dupe for the Chanel cap toes
- How pretty is this black top with chiffon sleeves?
- My fave APL sneakers come in mint now – best color ever!
- Farm Rio is such a fun brand and they just released a ton of cute prints for resort/spring!
- One of my favorite dresses/cover-ups with the cutest Pom Pom detail is back in stock in all sizes – see it here!
- I love this pink floral printed top by Amanda Uprichard
- I have never heard of the denim brand CQY jeans…but I kind of want to try their jeans – specifically the Wes High rise style.
- If I was splurging majorly on a dress, this might be the one – I can’t get over the stunning green and pink tulip and bird print!
Have a great weekend and stay tuned for an Amazon try-on!