My favorite coffee drink of all time is a honey lavender latte. I had my first one at Tiny’s No. 5 here in Houston and was hooked!
I never thought about trying to make one myself but one day I googled how to make the lavender syrup and found some tutorials and now I have one pretty much everyday! You can view some honey lavender latte tutorials here, here, and here.
I don’t add sugar to my lattes, but I make an exception for this homemade syrup because it makes each latte feel so special!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- organic lavender
- gold espresso spoons
- glass syrup bottle
- organic sugar
- saucepan (and here)
- gold measuring cups
- honey (optional)
HOMEMADE LAVENDER SYRUP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Add 1 cup of water & one cup of sugar to saucepan
- Add 2 tablespoons of dried organic lavender (must be food grade)
- Mix together under med. heat until sugar is dissolved
- Let it cool down and then use a strainer as you pour the syrup into a glass bottle
- I store mine in the fridge
HONEY LAVENDER LATTE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Use your espresso machine to brew your espresso shot(s) (I have this one and this one)
- Use your milk frother to steam your milk – I use silk almond milk (unsweet)
- You can add the syrup to the milk as you froth it OR just add it to the latte once you’ve added the milk to the espresso. I add about two espresso spoons of syrup to my lattes.
- Add honey to the top (optional) I don’t usually add it because the syrup already adds sweetness and I’m used to drinking lattes with no added sugar.
Hope you enjoyed this post – happy sipping!