I’ve had my eyebrows tinted twice professionally and at the time I thought to myself…this is probably something I can do at home (a solution is painted onto your brows and wiped off a few minutes later, so it seemed like something really simple to DIY). I paid $25 and $18 respectively to have my eyebrows professionally tinted and now I do them at home using a brow tinting kit that costs less than $25 and has enough color capsules/developer solution for over 20 applications.I use this brow tinting kit in the color “dark brown” and love the results. You may wonder why I tint my already dark and full brows – I get it, it seems “unnecessary.” However, I believe that brow tinting is for everyone whether you have light brows you’d like to stand out more or darker ones like me. I have some gaps in my brows and like them to be slightly darker than my natural color and tinting them helps to “fill in” those gaps visually and gives them a slightly deeper hue so they look more full and defined.
Read more about my everyday eyebrow products and how to get better brows, here.
HOW TO TINT YOUR EYEBROWS AT HOME USING THIS BROW TINTING KIT:
- You want to start with clean skin – make sure you wash your face and wipe down your brows to ensure any natural skin oils and product are removed.
- Open your brow tint kit and follow the instructions inside to mix the tint powder and developer solution – make sure you do this in the plastic container provided and NOT a metal container.
- Apply the solution to your brows using the brush the kit comes with – be mindful of not getting it directly on your skin – you can use a Q-tip to wipe it off any areas you applied it to by accident. You may want to do one brow at a time the first few times so they develop evenly until you get your application technique down.
- Wait a few minutes (see directions in product packet) and wipe off the tint with a cotton pad and warm water.
- I usually do a “double tint” where I leave it on for a few minutes, wipe it all off and re-do it. I saw a YouTuber suggest this and for some reason it just works for me – but I wouldn’t recommend this if your brows are on the darker side. You don’t need more tint solution to do this – one capsule is more than enough to a double tint. In fact, I end up throwing half of it away.
It’s so quick, easy and inexpensive to tint your brows at home – I will never pay a salon again! The results can last a couple of weeks to a month. I usually go about 3 weeks between tinting them just because it’s so easy to do at home – I’ll do it right before bed time before I apply my skin care/serums for the night.
I hope this post is helpful and that you’ll save a lot of time and money by tinting your brows at home as I have!
S H O P T H E P O S T